Catfish Culture - Airs March 23


Catfish Culture
Spring is here! Fishing time is near.

Down South, they snare catfish on their hooks. In the playful documentary Catfish Culture, you'll hear true and mythical stories about giant catfish. Stories like these:

"I caught a catfish that weighed 82 pounds."

"I caught a 75. I've been with boys that caught a 94. Same boys catch an 84."

"I caught one I didn't even put him in the boat. I didn't even want him in the boat with me. Woo. He weighed well over 100 pounds."

And if you remember Mark Twain's "Life on the Mississippi," you know that sometimes the catfish is portrayed as a menacing monster. That's referenced too in this jaunty story by Dan Collison, an award-winning radio producer.

So, tune in Monday, March 23 at 7 p.m. on the Listening Lounge. You won't need a fish finder to locate us: We're at 90.3 FM Minneapolis and 106.7 FM St. Paul on little ol' KFAI.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Frankenstein's Monster - Airs Oct 29th

Computer Love - Airs Feb 19th

Capturing Noise - Airs Nov 5th