Becoming Rebecca West - Airs March 4th

Becoming Rebecca West from Vox Humana
A portrait of journalist, suffragette, critic, and writer Rebecca West. Originaly born Cicely Fairfield in 1892, she later borrowed her name from a fiery character in Ibsen's Rosmerholm. West was a lover of both Charlie Chaplin & H.G. Wells and is now widely considered to be among the most important public intellectuals of the 20th century. In this documentary you will hear memories from her great-niece, Helen McLeod, and thoughts of an actress who has portrayed West on stage. Produced by David Swatling and featuring excerpts from letters, writing, & the play “That Woman: Rebecca West Remembers.”
"I myself have never been able to find out what feminism is; I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute." - Rebecca West, 1913

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Frankenstein's Monster - Airs Oct 29th

Computer Love - Airs Feb 19th

Capturing Noise - Airs Nov 5th