Albert Serra - Airs Aug 8th

Episode Six: Albert Serra from The Drunk Projectionist
Albert Serra, the highly opinionated director of "The Death of Louis XIV" reveals how he really feels about actors. He says, "In general, professional actors are quite stupid people. They are not very kind. They believe they are really important, but not so." Also in this conversation about filmmaking with The Drunk Projectionist's Todd Melby, he claims that he never looks through the lens of the camera -- Wait, WHAT?!? Serra explains, “My system is based on going against. When I shoot, I go against the script. When I do the post production, I go against the edit. It’s like purification."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Frankenstein's Monster - Airs Oct 29th

Computer Love - Airs Feb 19th

Capturing Noise - Airs Nov 5th